By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar

Troop Container color poll

Hi all, there are a lot of discussions about how to improve the troop container selection system, and I've got some questions for you. The more concise your answer the easier it will be to crunch the data. I'm wondering:

1. What color do you most like to play as?
    2. Do you tend to set yourself as the same color on all maps?
    3. You are playing a four player game; what three colors are your first choices for your enemies?
    4. What color do you like to set for the Neutral regions?

Thanks.
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

Ambassador Thunderous deserves your respect Thunderous's Avatar
    1. Blue
    2.Yes, i try set my blue on all maps (or the colour closest to blue)
    3. Black, Green, Red (So its 4 very different colours)
    4. Yellow (Stands out, first started with yellow so now when ever i seeyellow i think netural)
    You've been.... THUNDERSTRUCK

Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar
    1. White
    2. Yes
    3. Blue, Red, Yellow
    4. an earth-tone, such as brown or green
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

Ambassador samular deserves your respect samular's Avatar
    1. Red
    2. Yes
    3. Blue/Green/Black
    4. Yellow (like Thunderous, it makes me think 'Neutral'. Was it not the case that Yellow used to be default on at least USA, ClassEvo, and UK?)
    Last edited by samular; 01-15-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Ambassador Thunderous deserves your respect Thunderous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samular View Post
    Was it not the case that Yellow used to be default on at least USA, ClassEvo, and UK?)
    Yes, im pretty sure it was, which is the reason i link yellow and netural
    You've been.... THUNDERSTRUCK

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject mapguy has good things to say mapguy's Avatar
    Turquoise
    Yes and no. All maps work well with different sets of colors. I like to make teams of a similar color. I try to coordinate them with their "tab" color above the map.
    I use white for neutral. It shows up best on any color map. The reason I do not use yellow, is that yellow is one of the colors that I use in "color grouped" team games.

"White" is not a color per-say, it stands alone in its own category, so it makes sense to have the neutral armies this "color".
    Last edited by mapguy; 01-16-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Senior Cartographer WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers's Avatar
    1. What color do you most like to play as?
    2. Do you tend to set yourself as the same color on all maps?
    3. You are playing a four player game; what three colors are your first choices for your enemies?
    4. What color do you like to set for the Neutral regions?
    1. Whatever color is the most easily noticeable for that particular map color scheme.
    2. No
    3. Depends on map colors
    4. Color that blends into map most.

Banned zspBANNED has good things to say zspBANNED's Avatar
    Hahaha nice sig, Shep.

1. Black
    2. Yep.
    3. It depends. On 2v2 games, the players have to be very specific colors. If it's a singles game, then I don't have specific colors for players. Red, blue, and green (I think) are the colors that I end up setting them to.
    4. It used to be that digit green (on class mass) was the default neutral, so I got used to that. It's basically white with just a bit of color. But if i had ot choose one base color for neutral, it would definitely be white.

Jr. Programmer I Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan's Avatar
    Funny, almost identical to thunder

1. Blue
    2. Yes, I try set myself blue on all maps (or the colour closest to blue)
    3. "Enemy" (black w/red stroke), Red, Some odd pattern or shape (or whatever is 4 most contrasting choices)
    4. Yellow (Stands out, first started with yellow so now when ever i see yellow i think neutral)
    Last edited by Evan; 01-16-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: I listed 4 enemy colors originally

Level 6: Prominent Opinion Kjell is on a distinguished road Kjell's Avatar
    1. Red
    2. Haven't ever set any colours in the games
    3. Blue, yellow and green.
    4. I guess neutral colours, grey or desaturated various colours.