By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
    Level 0: Shadowy Lurker FantomKoala is on a distinguished road FantomKoala's Avatar

Why does the game pick like colors?

I understand in larger games the need to use similar hues, but every three player game I have joined it makes two players basically the same color. Seems like it would be smarter to use a set rotation of colors based on players in the game and only start using the similar colors when the numbers of players is high.

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    The colors are based on the colors you have previously selected for those players. I can't remember if it's also connected to the map, or just the players. I'll have look deeper in to the code, but I think if you made player blabla yellow last game, then player blabla will start yellow again in your next game. If it is a new player that you have not played against, then it might just take a color from the top of the list. Still, don't take my word for it, it's been a couple years since we roughly coded the color select aspect of Beta. We were going to revisit it again later....

Level 6: Prominent Opinion linkinpark is on a distinguished road linkinpark's Avatar
    I think what FantomKoala asked about was the original color pick before customizing. Maybe, instead of assigning random colrs, similar colors could be internally classfied into color sets, and a second color from the same set is only assigned when one color has already been used from each set. Same for third color and so on.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    Yes, the colour selection in the new engine is a complete mess - starting with the order of the colours, which is worse than random