Major Command Game Upgrade
It’s been a while since our last blog post, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working hard. There’s been new medals, new maps, and whole bunch of things that you are aware of, but there has also been progress other things that you don’t see, namely the new game engine! Marcos and Ibnu have been working hard and they have nearly completed a barebones working model of the new game. This includes a complete rewrite of the game engine from the ground up, loading of the map, starting your turn, deploying the troops, attacking a country, advancing the troops, reinforcing a country, and ending your turn. Currently we are on the reinforcement stage, ending your turn, and getting a card phase. Once this is done we can staring testing, adding some more features, and integrating the whole thing with the rest of the site.
At the same time, we’ve managed to do some more bug fixing with the current game. This is what to expect once we upgrade on Saturday. Enjoy!
Just a few things we’re implementing this time:
* NEW * Your current number of awaiting turns will now be dynamically displayed on the browser tab
* NEW * We want the ability to add new features without having to go off-line everytime, so we added some code making us one step closer to having zero downtime. NOTE: It’s not fully functional yet, so we will have to go off-line a couple more times in the future, but we’re moving closer.
* FIX * The counter for “Rounds” in a game did not advance at the beginning of a new round unless the map or screen is refreshed. This was especially detrimental in Real-Time games where players relied on it to know when treaties expired. This has now been fixed.
* FIX * During a game, the information in the “Record” tab is not updated while other players take their turn. It is only updated when you as a player take your turn, then it stops displaying new information until the page or map is reloaded. This has now been fixed.
* FIX * A possible fix to the zero troop bug has been implemented
* FIX * The plus sign “+” now appears in the game chat when typed
* FIX * Fixed the apostrophe in region names on NUKES map which were not appearing correctly under diplomacy tab
* TWEAK * Changed the “send as comment” and “send as note” text on the player’s profile page comment box to clarify what each button does.
!! THE GAME CLOCKS WILL CONTINUE TO RUN !!
Make sure you have completed your turn at least 1 HOUR before we go offline. Please DO NOT start any REAL-TIME GAMES before we go offline. MajorCommand will be offline for approximately 1 hour.
Major Command will be OFFLINE for some upgrades.
We will be Offline during these local times:
GMT: (LONDON) – JUNE 11 at 10:00 am
EST: (NEW YORK) – JUNE 11 at 5:00 am
PST: (SEATTLE) – JUNE 11 at 2:00 am
GMT+11: (SYDNEY) – JUNE 11 at 7:00 pm